Porcelain Veneers in Greensboro, NC
Porcelain Veneers are a perfect solution for many people seeking that perfect smile. It is a part of “cosmetic dentistry” and is used to correct both color and shape problems, close spaces between teeth, and set right uneven, chipped or cracked teeth. These problems may occur due to:
- Staining or discoloration
- Chemical damage (like medication) to teeth
- Excessive intake of coffee, tea, soda, and tobacco
- Genetic reasons
What is a Dental Veneer?A dental veneer is a tooth-colored thin shell of porcelain or composite, which helps in correcting dental issues like spacing, chips or cracks, worn tooth enamel, tooth discoloration and more. Veneers may fall into the category of cosmetic dentistry but they also boost functioning and eliminate the need for advanced treatments. Veneers can solve almost all of your cosmetic dental issues.
Benefits:Some major benefits of Dental Veneers are:
- Veneers can restore the natural appearance of our teeth. Chips, cracks or uneven teeth can be corrected through veneers.
- Veneers help to improve the smiles affected by worn enamel.
- Some tooth discolorations may not be corrected through whitening. In such cases, veneers are helpful.
- Veneers are used to correct abnormal spacing in teeth.
Veneers Versus WhiteningTeeth whitening brightens a smile, but this is effective for teeth with mild discoloration only. In major cases of discoloration, veneers are the ideal choice. They are durable and last for a longer time as compared to tooth whitening solutions. The porcelain veneers we fabricate are high-quality and enhance your appearance.
Procedure Of Attaching A Veneer Onto Your Tooth:
- We will first examine your teeth to get an idea about the condition and best veneer treatment for your teeth.
- After the examination, we devise a veneer treatment plan depending on the patient’s need. We also ensure that the tooth color is closest to your natural tooth color.
- Next, comes the preparation of the tooth for which local anesthesia is given to ensure that you are at ease during the treatment. Then an impression of the teeth is taken and sent to the dental laboratory for fabrication of veneers. A mold is prepared from the impression used as a temporary veneer.
- The patient is advised to wear a temporary veneer until the permanent veneer is ready and specify the adjustments to be made in the permanent veneer.
- For the final fixation of the veneer, local anesthesia is used for the patient’s comfort, and the teeth are cleaned before the veneer is finally fixed onto the tooth. With the help of special curing light, the glue/cement is hardened.
Location and Office Hours
Westover Dental Group , 1507 Westover Terrace Suite A Greensboro, NC 27408 (336) 275-1472
- Monday: 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- Tuesday: 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- Wednesday: 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- Thursday: 7:30 AM - 2:30 PM
- Friday: 8:00 AM - 1:00 PM
- Saturday: Closed
- Sunday: Closed