Sedation Dentistry Greensboro NCAt Westover Dental Group, we understand that dental anxiety can be a significant barrier to receiving the oral care you need. That’s why we proudly offer Sedation Dentistry in Greensboro, NC, to ensure your dental experience is as comfortable and stress-free as possible. Our experienced Sedation Dentist in Greensboro, NC, is dedicated to helping you achieve optimal oral health without fear or anxiety.
What is Sedation Dentistry?Have you ever found yourself anxious about going to the dentist? This is a completely normal feeling as it can be an intimidating process; you are not alone. Dental fear and anxieties can be debilitating as our teeth are very active factors in our overall health, and are important to keep up with. Neglecting dental procedures or upkeep due to fear and anxiety can lead to many issues that will cause more pain and trouble in the long run. Sedation dentistry comes in several different forms, and is available to help put a patient at ease or in some cases “completely under” while their dental work is being completed.
Who is Sedation Dentistry for?
- Patients who experiences high dental anxiety or fear
- Patients who struggle with the numbing medications
- Patients who struggle with the sounds present in a dental setting.
- Patients undergoing a more lengthy or painful dental procedure
- Patients who struggle to sit still for a duration of time
Types of Sedation Dentistry We Offer
- Nitrous Oxide Sedation “laughing gas” – Your dentist will have you inhale this sweet- smelling gas through a mask, prompting a calming effect to come over you as your procedure begins. It works in a matter of minutes, and is easily flushed away when your procedure is complete by inhaling pure oxygen. You will be fully functional to drive yourself home afterwards
- Oral Conscious Sedation – Your dentist will provide an oral pill for you to take leading up to your procedure causing a heavy grogginess and sleepiness. Motor skills and memory may be temporarily slowed, so a ride home will be necessary.
- Intravenous “IV” Sedation – Sedative medications will be delivered through your bloodstream via an IV line. This form of sedation will make you feel like you are in the “twilight zone / twilight sleep”. You will need to take it easy for up to 24 hours and will require a ride home and monitoring at home.
- General Anesthesia – This type of sedation puts you completely out during your procedure. General Anesthesia requires the addition of a licensed anesthesiologist to continuously monitor your overall health and well-being while your dentist performs all your dental treatment needs. With this level of sedation, all your treatment needs can be completed in a single visit. You will need to take it easy for up to 36 hours, and will require a ride home as well as at-home monitoring.
Leading Up to Your Sedation AppointmentYour initial consultation is all about you. Your Sedation Dentist in Greensboro, NC will go over your health history as well as any medications or supplementations you take. In this appointment your dentist will also discuss with you the types of sedation options available and which one they recommend depending on your individual case. They will prepare you for the day of and what you should or should not eat and drink.
During your sedation appointmentWe understand the anticipation of your appointment is likely going to cause you a lot of stress and anxiety, but we want you to do our part in making your experience as relaxed and comfortable as possible!
Some things we will provide at your appointment are:
- Warm blankets
- Calming music
- Television to help take your mind off of stressors
After your sedation appointmentFollowing your sedation appointment, you will be sent home with the necessary tools to continue caring for your teeth whether you simply had a cleaning or a more extensive procedure. Our office will call you after hours to check in on how you are feeling and getting along, and we have 24 hour emergency lines available should you need to contact us for any reason.
The Bottom LineWe understand and sympathize with the dental anxiety and fear you are experiencing. It’s your body’s way of protecting itself, and we want to come alongside you and empower you as you choose to face your fears and care for your oral health. Sedation dentistry Greensboro, NC is your ticket to overcoming the worries and stress of how you will make it through your appointment! Call to book your consultation and sedation appointment today in Greensboro NC!
Location and Office Hours
Westover Dental Group , 1507 Westover Terrace Suite A Greensboro, NC 27408 (336) 275-1472
- Monday: 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- Tuesday: 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- Wednesday: 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- Thursday: 7:30 AM - 2:30 PM
- Friday: 8:00 AM - 1:00 PM
- Saturday: Closed
- Sunday: Closed